The blue diamond pill, or what we know as Viagra, is the world’s foremost impotence drug available in the market for men. This product is from the company Pfizer, from the United States, and is the first Sildenafil Citrate drug available in the market.
There is no question about this drug’s effectiveness in the patients—Viagra from Pfizer is guaranteed to yield good results to most of the users, especially the ones able to comply with the requirements of the drug’s intake. However, like all medicines, side effects for this product are somewhat inevitable—and these side effects are to be discussed in this write-up.
Benefits of Viagra for Men and its Disadvantages (Side Effects)
The drug Viagra is known for its excellent impotence-busting effects in males. Viagra is capable of allowing males to regain their erectile function for about 4 hours—more than enough to let males enjoy their time with their loved ones, sexually.
Concerning benefits, here are some of the Viagra benefits that can be expected by the consumers:
- Impotence relief – Males prescribed with Sildenafil Citrate are capable of experiencing improved penile stiffness whenever sexually aroused
- Premature ejaculation relief – In some cases, Sildenafil Citrate is also observed to increase ejaculatory latency time in males
- Mitigates performance anxiety – Because of the newfound confidence through Sildenafil, males also report relief from performance anxiety and other confidence or performance issues
- Pulmonary hypertension treatment – Besides aiding patients suffering from impotence, this drug, in specialized doses, is used for helping improve the condition of patients ailing from pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Exercise capacity – Sildenafil Citrate is also known to improve exercise capacity in patients with pulmonary hypertension
Viagra from Pfizer Pills
Although Sildenafil Citrate’s effect is guaranteed in patients, the drug is also somewhat expected to yield negative effects (side effects) in the patients. Blue diamond pill side effects only occur in a small fraction of the patient population, but even if this is the case, patients should anticipate the occurrence of side effects and be prepared for them just in case.
Minor side effects
Some of the notorious Viagra minor side effects are a result of the drug’s inhibition of the phosphodiesterase type 5 enzyme (to facilitate the proper erectile function in men). Because of the vasodilation and smooth muscle relaxation brought by Viagra, side effects such as the following may appear:
- Blue vision
- Skin flushing, especially the face
- Nasal congestion
Major Side Effects
Apart from the minor side effects, though, Viagra can also cause life-threatening adverse reactions in some of the patients. Here are some of the rare adverse events that can be caused by Sildenafil Citrate (Viagra) use in the patients:
- Chest pain
- Heart attack symptoms
- Difficulty breathing
- Sudden hearing loss
- Irregular heartbeat
These side effects rarely occur, but when they do, patients are encouraged to contact their health care provider immediately. Patients should halt their use of Viagra once the major side effects surface.
How to Use Viagra for Best Results and Minimal Side Effects
So how should patients use Viagra to avoid experiencing side effects from Viagra? There are actually some things that patients can do to help minimize the appearance of side effects in patients. Here are some of the reminders for Viagra intake that patients should keep in mind:
- Viagra is a prescription-only drug and should be used only under the advice of the doctor. Make sure to get assessed by your doctor first before using this product.
- Not all patients suffering from impotence may take the drug—patients with diseases of the liver, kidney, heart, and those with cancers may not be able to use the product due to complications when it comes to the metabolism of the active ingredient. Also, patients with allergies to Sildenafil Citrate or any of Viagra’s components should not take the drug.
- Patients with existing medications should also take care when taking Viagra since the drug can interact with several groups of medicines. Medicines for blood pressure regulation, nitrate medicines, heart drugs, protease inhibitors, and several other drug groups. Men planning to take Viagra should allow their doctors to evaluate their current medicines so they can be given the best dose.
- Viagra use is limited to an as-needed dose and only once in 24 hours
- Men can take 25 to 100 mg of the drug, 30 minutes to 60 minutes before sexual activity
- Because the drug can only last up to 4 hours, patients should consume the drug only if they have any sexual activity planned within 4 hours
- Patients can take the drug with or without food, but some men prefer using the product without food intake
Viagra Tablets Uses: Who Can Use the drug Safely?
For patients to determine if they can use the drug, they need to consult their doctors before using the product since the drug has plenty of considerations. Side effects are sometimes dose-dependent, so patients prescribed with the drug should follow their doses religiously. As long as patients follow their dose recommendation for Viagra, their intake should generally be safe.
Side effects from Viagra are inevitable and should be anticipated by patients. Headaches, facial flushing, nasal congestion, and several other symptoms are common to Viagra use and may be experienced by some of the patients. To stay safe while using Viagra, men should consult their doctors first before taking the drug and should follow the intake instructions religiously to avoid complications. Men can easily purchase Viagra at local drugstores but for cheaper alternatives, online pharmacies such as the ones included on our list of Top Online Drugstores are some of the great ones to try.